27 2 / 2014
"For all of the most important things, the timing always sucks. Waiting for a good time to quit your job? The stars will never align and the traffic lights of life will never all be green at the same time. The universe doesn’t conspire against you, but it doesn’t go out of its way to line up the pins either. Conditions are never perfect. “Someday” is a disease that will take your dreams to the grave with you. Pro and con lists are just as bad. If it’s important to you and you want to do it “eventually,” just do it and correct course along the way."
26 2 / 2014
+ It’s halfway through my work week. I’m so happy tomorrow is my Friday.
+ This month I launched my first Web Store that integrates with Quickbooks. It’s been such a learning process! My next project is integrating a full shopping cart with Wordpress. My brain hurts just thinking about the hours I will spend on this.
- My big meeting on Friday might be postponed. I’m crossing my fingers that it won’t be because I’ve already been trying for 4 months to get this meeting.
- It is going to be pouring rain on Friday so if I do have my meeting, I’ll have to leave 3 hours early because California doesn’t know how to drive in the rain and there is bound to be tons of traffic on my way to L.A.
+/- D cleaned out my fridge yesterday and had dinner waiting for me when I got home. He knows I’m in stress/busy work mode with the 29382 projects I’m trying to do so I appreciate when he does these things without me asking. It also reminds me that I’m pretty lazy when it comes to domestic type things like grocery shopping and cleaning out my fridge and I need not to be.
+/- So many awesome projects and opportunities are in the works right now. If all of them go through, my life is going to change a lot in the next month. It’s exciting, but scary. I’m trying not to get my hopes up because I don’t want to be super bummed if things fall through, but I’m ready for something good to happen to me for once.
+ Lastly, Noah accidentally called me today using my Mom’s phone. He’s seriously the cutest little boy ever.
19 2 / 2014
- I managed to get myself up by 5:00a.m. today to get in an early workout. It really does make me so much more productive if I can keep with this schedule. I had enough time to load the dishwasher and make breakfast before heading out for the day.
- Work session tonight so I’m stopping by Baja Fish Taco (my favorite) to pick up some food on the way home. I got a coupon in the mail for a FREE meal so it’s always nice to save some moola.
- I heard about the big lottery jackpot on the radio so I bought a ticket at the gas station today. Just found out all the hoopla was for powerball and I bought a Mega Million Ticket. Fail.
- After 4 months of trying to land a meeting with a potential client, I just got confirmation today on the day and time. Yay! And it’s in Beverly Hills so best believe I’m going to visit the Sprinkles’ Cupcake ATM. Can I ever stop thinking about food? Nope.
- I can’t believe we are less than a month away from the next Vegas Show. 6 days in Vegas would make most people excited…but I know I’ll be homesick after the first day. I am excited about the food buffets though. Food again. Stop. I can’t.
- I’ve been needing new makeup for the last few weeks, but couldn’t seem to force myself to the mall to pick up the necessities: MAC foundation / compact. I finally gave in and just ordered it online (so lazy) and it said it was delivered to my apartment today! Now I can stop looking like a hot mess.
This week has been good. Super busy, but no meltdowns. Those are the best.